MEMBERSHIP TO THE FORUM
The Organic Law N0 10/2013/OL of 11/07/2013 governing Political Organisations and politicians brought about changes according to which a Political Organisation enrolls in the Forum voluntarily and that it must apply for and be granted membership by the Forum.
Internal Rules and Regulations of 13/02/2014 of the Forum, article 6:
The Forum is composed of Political Organisations recognised and signatories to the internal Rules and Regulations of the Forum; and Political organisations whose membership application has been approved by the General Assembly and accept to comply with provisions of the Internal Rules and Regulations of the Forum.
Today, the Forum consists of 11 member Political Organizations:
1) Rwandese Patriotic Front – R.P.F INKOTANYI
2) Liberal Party – P.L
3) Democratic Union of Rwandese People – U.D.P.R
4) Ideal Democratic Party – P.D.I
5) Social Democratic Party – P.S.D
6) Party for Progress and Concord – P.P.C
7) Centrist Democratic Party – P.D.C
8) Rwandese Socialist Labour Party – P.S.R
9) Party for Solidarity and Progress – P.S.P
10) Social Party Imberakuri – P.S Imberakuri
11) Democratic Green Party of Rwanda – DGPR
MISSION OF THE FORUM
« The Forum is mainly responsible of being a platform for national political dialogue, consensus building and national cohesion ».
The Forum is also mandated to :
1) Maintain political and social dialogue, as well as public trust and transparency between political parties and the people, in order to consolidate national development and democracy;
2) Strengthening the capacity building of legally recognized political parties to perform their core functions;
3) Advice support to Political party internal conflict resolutions (upon a written request).
The Forum’s operations are governed by :
• Organic Law No 10/2013/OL of 11/07/2013 governing political organizations and politicians;
• Internal Rules and Regulations of the Forum of Political Organizations as amended on 13th February, 2014
• Code of conduct of Political Organizations and their members as amended on 13th February, 2014 ;
• Administrative and Financial procedures Manual.
The fundamental principles guiding these legal texts are:
Promotion of the democratic values of national consensus,
Fighting the genocide ideology and divisions;
Mutual respect for independence of each member Political Organization ;
Freedom of expression of Political Organizations members of the Forum ; and
Equality between Political Organisations members.
Organic Law governing Political Organizations and Politicians, Article 49:
“The Forum is an independent organ in its administrative and financial management and it enjoys the freedom of expression and decision making in accordance with the law.”
Internal Rules and Regulations, Article 26:
Decisions of the General Assembly of the Forum are taken upon absolute consensus of Political organisations attending the meeting. In case of disagreement, the meeting is convened for the second time over disagreed items, if again there is no consensus discussions on these items are postponed at least for two other meetings before they are discussed again.
The Forum provides space for expression and participation in the political management of the country to all the Political Organizations – including those that could not raise electoral votes to be represented in Parliament (+5% of the votes cast). This is the principle of the pursuit and promotion of national consensus which is equitable and inclusive, where all the Political Organizations constituting the Forum have equal voting powers.